Obey and serve God
Angels are the denizens of heaven and attendants of God. They serve as His messengers and soldiers in His war against demons.
Angels were created by God to serve Him and Humanity.
Two twin male angels were seen watching Tom while he talked to Nick. They were later seen by Tilly and then by her friends while in their way to a picnic. While at the picnic a hole host of warrior angels descend and slaughtered both the demon hoards and the bettalion of human soldiers, both of whom were sent to retrieve the Rapture. The angels then departed without a word.
Nick describes angels as cynical. Tilly once called them fascists due to their militarism. Angels do seem to view themselves as superior to humans.
Types of AngelsEdit
- Main article: Archangel
Chief angels of high rank. They are often described as the highest of the celestial hierarchy.
The common angel.
- Main article: Legion of Cherub Hostile
A low-ranking angel that resembles a mature infant with wings. They require a human host.
Angels of any of the three ranks who have been cast out of grace either through rebellion, being betrayed, or they simply left Heaven's service.
Angels are very humanoid in appearance. Angels do have large feathered wings, though they do not need them to fly, and they can demanifest them at will in order to appear human.
Cherubim look like mature human infants with wings and glowing, golden eyes.
The Fallen Angel Ragniel was shown to have glowing red eyes, white hair, and dark skin.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Angels are a powerful race.
- Superhuman Strength - Angels are stronger than humans, lower-ranking demons, and animals. Humans and lower-level demons are no match for angels, even in numbers.
- Superhuman Durability - Angels are tougher than humans and animals.
- Superhuman Speed - Angels have quickened reflexes.
- Superhuman Stamina - Angels do not need to eat, sleep, or breathe to sustain themselves.
- Healing Factor - Angels are immune to natural and even most supernatural afflictions. They quickly heal from conventional wounds.
- Telepathy - Angels have telepathic abilities. They can communicate with each other through telepathy.
- Teleportation - Angels can teleport between Heaven, Earth, and Hell with ease.
- Empathy - Angels can sense the emotions of others.
- Cosmic Awareness - An angel was able to sense freeing of the souls of Wyrmwood.
- Redemption - Angels can free a soul from Hell.
- Immortality - Angels can live eternally and do not grow old.
- Size Augmentation - Angels can increase their stature, height, and weight in order to be taller and more imposing than humans. They can revert back to human size at will.
- Flight - Angels can fly under their own power.
- Mutation Inducement - Fallen Angels have the power to transform humans and animals into low-level demonic monsters to do their bidding. These creatures possess avarage speed, enhanced strength, and a hunger for human flesh. These creatures vary in terms of physiology, depending on their species of origin. Some of these creatures who where once human are now bloated, grey-skinned, red eyed, claws, and a mouth full of fangs, while others are distiguishable from humans only through their red eyes and fangs.
- Insect Control - The Fallen Angel Ragniel was shown to have the power to summon and control vast swarms of demonic flies.
- Self-Rejuvenation - Even after being stripped of their rank and priviledge, Fallen Angels can regain their power to a limited degree. For example, Ragniel, by using the demonic flies at his command, was able to regenerate his wings, armor and battle ax, albeit in a darker form.
- Supernatural Weapons - Only magical or otherworldly weapons of significant power can physically harm or kill them. The wounds created by supernatural weapons take some time to heal and are vulnerable to human weapons, though not fatal.
- Severed Wing - According to Ragniel, it is the "supreme penance" for an angel to loose a wing. Loosing a wing does not seem to have any real consequences to the angel in question, besides psychological displeasure that eventually fades with time.
- Higher Powers - Any higher-tier supernatural being or power, such as a god, is presumably strong enough to kill an angel. Higher ranking angels can kill lower ranking angels.