Gods, also called Deities, are supreme beings who embody the chief authorities of a religion or spiritual belief system. Many different gods and goddesses, both good and evil, exist throughout human culture and beyond.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Gods are perfect superhuman beings with magical powers and abilities.
- Immortality - A trademark ability of gods is that they live forever and never die or grow old.
- Superhuman Strength - Gods wield superhuman strength. Only higher or mystically-empowered beings are able to challenge gods in physical combat. Humans, animals, and most Earthly monsters are no threat to gods in terms of physical power.
- Superhuman Stamina - Gods have more stamina than humans.
- Superhuman Durability - Gods are tougher than humans.
- Superhuman Agility - Gods have enhanced agility.
- Superhuman Speed - Gods are faster than humans.
- Regeneration - Gods fully heal from any wound or damage within moments, no matter the severity. They are immune to illness, disease, disabilities, and toxins. They are resistant to magical attacks and have superhuman fortitude.
- Flight - Gods can levitate and fly under their own power. They can give this power to humans through physical contact, allowing humans to fly with them.
- Teleportation - Gods can teleport to any location.
- Hypnosis - Gods can charm humans to do their will.
- Power Bestowal - Gods can make humans immortal. They can also take back the powers they bestow.
- Illusion Casting - Gods can cast illusions to deceive mortals.
- Shape-Shifting - Gods can make themselves look like other people. They can also take on certain traits of animals (head of a jackal, eyes of a cat, claws, ect.).
- Healing - Gods can heal others of their wounds.
- Invisibility - Gods can make themselves invisible to any or all beings.
- Atmokinesis - Gods can cause storms, thunder, and lightning. They can also calm the weather.
- Pyrokinesis - Gods can create and manipulate fire. They can also extinguish it at will.
- Self-Duplication - Gods can create magical copies of themselves to aid them in battle. These copies appear and disappear at the god's will.
- Matter Manipulation - Gods can manipulate matter. With a simple word they can turn humans to stone and back again.
- Telekinesis - Gods can move objects through sheer force of will.
- Omnipotence - Chief deities (God, Zeus, Odin, ect) possess the divine power of creation and are able to create souls to give life to beings. Gods can create solid objects out of thin air, such as knives and blades. They can call upon offensive magic in times of battle, such as magical energy blasts.
- Soul Extraction - The only thing that can cause a god a physical death is having his or her soul ripped from his or her body. Only a magical being or a spell can achieve this feat.
These are the gods and goddesses known to exist or to be referenced to in the Top Cow Universe.
- Anubis - The Egyptian god of the underworld.
- Bastet - The Egyptian goddess of cats.
- Devi - The Hindu goddess incarnate.
- God - The Judeo-Christian chief deity.
- Hela - The Norse goddess of death.
- Horus - The Egyptian god of kings and the sky.
- Inti - The Incan sun god.
- Kali - The Hindu goddess of death.
- Kilya - The Incan goddess of the moon.
- Lugh - The Irish god of heroism.
- Odin - The Nordic king of gods.
- Pluto - The Greco-Roman god of the underworld and the dead.
- Prometheus - The Greco-Roman god of forethought.
- Roal - The Incan creator god.
- Tezcatlipoca - The Aztec central deity
- Tiamat - The Sumerian goddess of ocean
- Zeus - The Greco-Roman god of the sky and earth. The king of the Olympian gods.