|Occupation|| Cult Leader|
|First Appearance||The Darkness #1|
Sonatine was an ambitious, greedy Machiavellian with an intense desire to control the world. He was quite arrogant and condescending with a knack for manipulating both mortals and immortals to achieve his ends. His skill was such that both organized crime and the Angelus could fall into his schemes.
Powers & Abilities Edit
Sonatine possessed a small spark of the Darkness's power.
- Longevity: Sonatine was over 500 years old at the time of his first bodily death. He was present during the Spanish Inquisition.
- Possession: He could transfer his spirit into the body of another.
- Illusion Casting: He could create elaborate illusions to manipulate others.
- Hypnosis: He could compel others to do his will by looking into their eyes. He could channel this power through his medallion to make anyone believe anything he wanted them to.
- Spell Casting: His immense occult knowledge allowed him the skill to summon the Angelus to him.
- Spirit Summoning: His skill allowed him the knowledge to summon and bind the Angelus to a host of his choosing. However, the spell was imperfect as the Angelus chose a different host to the one he chose, showing he did not have total mastery of this lore.