Superman is an alien who was sent away in a capsule to save him from the destruction of his home planet Krypton. Landing in Smallville, Kansas, the baby Kal-El was found by kindly farmers Jonathan and Martha Kent. Taking the boy in, they raised him as their own, naming him Clark Kent.
Under Earth's yellow sun, Clark developed god-like superhuman abilities.
Kal-El was born on the planet Krypton of the Rao System located 21.2 light-years away from Earth's solar system in the Constellation Lycos; a constellation currently undiscovered by Earth astrology and known only to the Kawatche Native American werewolf tribe. He is the son of esteemed scientist and Science Councilor Jor-El and Kryptonian Military Academy alumni Lara Lor-Van. He is among the last of the esteemed House of El; a House representing the virtues of hope and strength as the Kryptonians understood them. Within the Kryptonian Registry of Citizens Genesis Codex; he was officially recognized as Kal, Son of El.
Krypton's Doom Edit
The mining of Krypton's core commissioned by General Dru-Zod of Kandor caused the core to become unstable. General Zod was driven by the Prophecy of Rao; which declared that one Kryptonian would rise into the heavens to fight against abominations and evil rebellions that would tear the world apart. Seeking to ensure that he would be the last Kryptonian, General Zod led a coup against the Ruling Council with Jor-El in attendance and took command. Jor retreated to the House of El and made the necessary arrangements to send Kal to another world upon Krypton's imminent destruction from the core.
Clark was raised by a Midwestern middle-class American family and instilled with firm values of honesty, justice, accountability and compassion for the weak and innocent. He is not a violent man by nature and is more prone to non-violent means of negotiation and would prefer that things go peacefully. However, he is not unwilling to use his considerable physical force when all else fails.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Kryptonian Physiology Edit
- Solar Energy Absorption: Superman's Kryptonian body draws its strength from the light of the young yellow star of Earth's solar system, converting its radiance into superhuman power.
- Invulnerability: Superman's body is stronger than steel; able to withstand bullets, temperature extremes, and explosions without harm or discomfort.
- Super Strength: Chief among his superpowers is his dramatically enhanced physical strength. With his cells and muscles fueled by the power of the Sun, Superman is incredibly strong. His super strength is one hundred times that of peak human strength; able to press approximately 50 tons - or 100,000 lbs - at maximum exertion. He can bend steel in his bare hands, rip open a steel safe, do the work of several laborers, send grown men flying, leap tall buildings in a single bound, punch through solid walls, toss cars with ease or lift tractor-trailers without tiring, as well as stop a top-speed locomotive.
- Superhuman Speed: Superman can propel himself at speeds faster than a bullet, casing him to appear as a near-invisible blur to onlookers.
- Heat Vision: Superman can emit powerful, concentrated waves of intense heat from his eyes, sufficient to melt steel.
- Flight: Superman is unbeholden to gravity and can fly at immense speeds.
- X-Ray Vision: He can see through walls.
- Heightened Senses: Superman's general senses are sharper than a human's.
- Telescopic Vision: He can see with perfect clarity across long distances.
- Advanced Heightened Hearing: His sense of hearing is immensely strong, able to clearly hear whispered conversations and actions from miles away.
- Accelerated Healing: His injuries heal in seconds.
- Kryptonite: These radioactive fragments of Krypton's core weaken Superman's strength and skin, causes nausea and dizziness, and induces bodily pain.
- Extreme Physical Trauma: Only extremely physically powerful beings can pierce Superman's skin.