|Occupation||Emissary of Heaven|
|Alias||Voice of Heaven|
|Relatives|| God (Creator)|
|First Appearance||The Darkness #85|
The Alkonost is an angelic being from Russian folklore. She is a creature with the wings of a bird in the place of arms but the body of a beautiful woman. She makes sounds that are amazingly beautiful, and those who hear these sounds forget everything they know and want nothing more ever again.
Because of the power of her voice, the Alkonost does not speak. She communicates through touching and facial expressions. Despite her immense power, she is pacifistic even to those who would do her harm.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
The Alkonost is described as the embodiment of the immortal voice of Heaven. Her power is said to rival that of the Darkness.
- Immortality - The Alkonost was held captive for centuries without aging.
- Enchanting Voice - Her divine voice is unlike any music on Earth. Heartbreakingly beautiful and mesmerizing to those who hear it; such that it robs them of their will to fight or do anything.
- Illusion Casting - Her voice can trap those who hear it in an illusion created from their own repressed desires.
- Healing Factor - She recovered completely once the spear was removed from her body.
- Flight - Her wings allow flight.
- Superhuman Speed - She can fly with such speed and force that she can break through thick cement and concrete.
- Superhuman Durability - While not invulnerable, she is highly resilient to pain and injury. She endured centuries of continuous rape without breaking.
- Deafness - If a person is deaf, her voice does not affect them.